Teamviewer and Troubleshooting
Have we asked you to download Teamviewer and you don't know what we're on about?
This is the article for you!
Teamviewer allows us to securely connect remotely to your computer and fix your tech issues.
How to open Teamviewer
Check your Desktop for Teamviewer If you don't see it there, try below
- Click on the start or magnifying glass symbol at the bottom left of your screen.
- Type "Teamviewer". Open the program. If you don't see it here, you will need to download it.
- Download it. Download here
- Run TeamviewerQS.exe
What to do next
You should see a window like below.
OR if you're using the quicksupport version (don't use this version if you already have Teamviewer installed on your device, please check first.)
Provide the technician the user ID and password and we'll connect up to your computer.
Try some of these steps if the Technician is having issues joining
- Ensure you are connected to the internet
- Double check that the ID and Password you have sent us is correct
- Make sure you keep the Teamviewer window OPEN or MINIMIZED while you wait
- Passwords reset every 30 minutes so make sure you send us the codes when you're ready for us to join.
- Restart the computer
- Select "Check for new version" in the options/help menu